Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Wide Leg Forward Bend Pose
- Inhale, facing side of mat, stepping feet one leg distance apart.
- Exhale, extending spine, and folding forward bringing hands or arms to floor.
- Inhale, backing off stretch slightly.
- Exhale, relaxing legs, hips and back deeper into stretch.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Precautions for Prasarita Padottanasana: Yogis with back or legs issues should use caution.
Modifications for Prasarita Padottanasana: Yogis with tight leg muscles should use a block on floor to rest hands on.
Modifications for Prasarita Padottanasana: Yogis may also reach out to hold big toes with index and fore fingers, palms facing in to place additional stretching pressure.
Modifications for Prasarita Padottanasana: Yogis may also interlace fingers behind back and allow arms to come over shoulders when folded for shoulder stretch.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Wide Leg Forward Bend Pose, Prasarita Padottanasana".
#yoga #yogapose #yogaposes #asana #asanas #WideLegForwardBend #WideLegForwardBendPose #PrasaritaPadottanasana #PrasaritaPadottanasanaPose