Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Half Forward Bend Pose
Ardha Uttanasana Pose
- Inhale, begin in Tadasana reaching upward into Hastasana pose.
- Exhale, folding forward placing hands or finger tips either on shin or floor.
- Inhale, looking forward extending spine.
- Hold pose may be 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable, although Ardha Utanasana is often a transition pose, which in onlt help for a breath.
- Exhale, fold.
- Inhale, to release, place hands on hips or knees, and rise to standing or Hastasana pose.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Modifications and Contraindications for Ardha Uttanasana Pose: Caution for yogis with back and spinal issues. If leg flexibility is tight or to further protect lower back, it is recommended to bend at the knee to relieve pressure.
Congratulations on learning "Ardha Uttanasana Pose, Yoga Half Foward Bend Pose".