Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Downward Facing Dog Pose
Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Begin on hands and knees with fingers spread wide and tuck toes.
- Exhale, lifting knees from floor and pressing sitting bones up and back.
- Inhale, engage all fingers and palm area pressing into mat with head aligned between biceps.
- Exhale, pressing back into the stretch, using exhale to release tension.
- Inhale, bend knees slightly.
- Exhale, pressing up and back, again lengthening legs, but not locking them.
- Repeat or hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Benefits of Downward Facing Dog Pose:
- Strengthens arms and legs.
- Stretches hamstrings, shoulders, calves, arches, and hands.
- Improves digestive process.
- Improvements have been seen with insomnia, depression, menopause, osteoporosis, back pain, high blood pressure, asthma, sciatica as well as other conditions.
Congratulations on learning Yoga Downward Facing Dog Pose / Adho Mukha Svanasana
#YogaDownDogPose #YogaDownDogPose #DownwardfacingDog #AdhoMukhaSvanasana