Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Eka Pada Koundiyanasana I
Sage Koundiya I Pose
- Inhale, begin in downward facing dog pose.
- Exhale, bringing the left foot forward half a legs length then lift the right foot off floor, bringing the knee forward to touch left tricep.
- Inhale, keeping elbows at rib width, lower shoulders to level with elbows.
- Exhale, drawing in navel to firm, allow right foot to come off floor, knee pressing tricept.
- Inhale, finding balance and calm.
- Exhale, allowing left foot to float off floor and extend.
- Inhale, maintaining focus and calm.
- Exhale, extend right leg into full expression.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Modifications and Precautions for Eka Pada Koundiyanasana I / Sage Koundiya I Pose:
This is an advanced pose requiring upper body strength development and should only be attempted by those how can already complete arm balance pose such as bekasana with ease. Caution should be used for Yogis with shoulder, elbow, wrist, back and spinal issues, or those advised against inversions.
Congratulations on learning "Eka Pada Koundiyanasana I, Sage Koundiya I Pose".
#EkaPadaKoundiyanasanaI #EkaPadaKoundiyanasana #SageKoundiyaIPose