Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Chair Pose
Yoga Utkatasana Pose
- Inhale, begin in Tadasana reaching upward into Hastasana pose.
- Exhale, with arms parallel and palms facing each other, bend knees into sitting position.
- Inhale, extending spine, keeping knees from extending beyond toes, and torso may come forward, although keeping back perpendicular to floor is practiced in some lineages too.
- Exhale, allowing shoulders at neck area to relax so arms arm being support from the shoulder blade area.
- Inhale, extending with awareness of head position keeping inline with extended spine.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Exhale, to release, straighten legs, or place hands on hips or knees, and rise to standing or Hastasana pose.
Modifications and Contraindications for Yoga Chair Pose / Utkatasana Pose: Caution for yogis with back and spinal issues.
Congratulations on completing "Yoga Chair Pose, Yoga Utkatasana Pose".
#yoga #yogaposes #yogaasanas #asana #asanas #Utkatasana #UtkatasanaPose #YogaUtkatasana #YogaUtkatasanapose