Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Cobra Pose
- Inhale, begin lying on face down on floor, hands under shoulders, palms down.
- Exhale, pressing tops of feet to floor lifting knees, keeping hips connected to floor.
- Inhale, lifting head, chest perhaps a few inches or as high as confortable to achieve desired back bend.
- Exhale, slowly lowering back to floor.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Precautions for Yoga Cobra Pose / Bhujangasanaaution: Not recommended for yogis with back injuries or spinal issues.
Congratulations on learning Yoga Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana pose.