Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Compass Pose
Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana
1. Inhale, Begin seated legs stretched out in front.
2. Exhale, Sit tall extending spine finding awareness.
3. Bend left knee and bring foot close to right thigh, lower leg should contact floor for balance and foundation.
4. Inhale, Bend right knee bringing knee close to chest.
5. Exhale, Place right palm on floor in front of right leg for balance and foundation.
6. Inhale, Lift right lower leg, reaching over head with left hand to hold right foot.
7. Exhale, Open chest, lifting ribcage, rotating torso to the left, extending spine.
8. Inhale, Gaze in upward, forward of left arm.
9. Exhale, eyes may close for deeper awareness and experience.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Precaustions for Yoga Compass Pose / Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana: Caution for yogis with hip, shoulder of neck issues
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Compass Pose, Yoga Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana Pose".