Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Eagle Pose
- Inhale, begin in tadasana.
- Exhale, extedning arms out and across, bending elbows and pressing palms together.
- Inhale, finding drishti and balance on right leg.
- Exhale, lifting left leg and crossing it over right then wrapping around so left foot is behind right calf.
- Inhale, keeping drishti and balance.
- Exhale, furthering wrap of arms and legs, and easing right leg so bend increases at knee.
- Inhale, holding upper arms parallel to floor, and spine perpendicular to floor.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Modifications and Precautions for "Garudasana Pose - Yoga Eagle Pose": Yogis with knee, hip, ankle, shoulder, elbow and wrist issues should use caution.
Congratulations on completing "Yoga Garudasana Pose, Yoga Eagle Pose".