Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Fire Log Pose
- Inhale, Sit tall on cushion or blanket.
- Exhale, Open shoulders back and open heart and chest.
- Inhale, Externally rotate one leg so lower leg is parallel to shoulders.
- Exhale, Externally rotate other leg and place lower leg on top of first.
- Inhale, Sit high on sit bones or use more that one blanket or thicker cushion to prevent rounding of back.
While the pose appears simple, it does require hip flexibility.
Precautions for Fire Log Pose / Agnistambhasana Pose: Yogis with knee, hip, ankle issues should use cation.
Congratulations on learning Fire Log Pose / Agnistambhasana Pose.