Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Fish Pose
- Inhale, begin lying on back.
- Exhale, bringing arms under back, to rest on forearms, palms down.
- Inhale, legs are extended, head relaxes back, with no pressure on head.
- Exhale, allow chest to open finding awareness of relaxed backbend.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Modifications and Precautions for Yoga Fish Pose / Matsyasana: Yogis with neck, back, shoulder, elbow or other issues should use caution or avoid fish pose. Palms may be placed under buttock to secure arms in place.
Congratulations on learning Yoga Fish Pose / Matsyasana.