Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Forward Bend Pose
Yoga Paschimottanasana Pose
- Inhale, begin seated with legs extended forward, feet flexed, and together.
- Exhale, sitting high on sit bones pressing out with heals.
- Inhale, extend arms overhead while lengthening spine.
- Exhale, folding forward reaching hands to feet.
- Inhale, relaxing a little pressure off pose.
- Exhale, folding futher into stretch and drawing in navel to assist with folding by removing stomach flesh from fold and using abdominal muscles to reach further stretch.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Congratulations on learning Yoga Forward Bend Pose / Yoga Paschimottanasana Pose!