Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Gate Pose
Yoga Parighasana Pose
- Inhale, begin standing on knees. (Use blanket under knees if needed.)
- Exhale, Stretch right leg out to side turning foot enough to place sole of foot on floor.
- Inhale, while placing right hand on right leg and lifting left arm out and up following hand with gaze.
- Exhale, turning torso slightly to left while stretching upper body to right towards leg.
- Inhale, while rising slightly out of stretch.
- Exhale, while stretching to right again, keeping gaze upward if comfortable.
- Repeat, 3 - 5 times, then repeat on other side.
Modifications and precautions for Gate Pose: Use a blanket(s) under knees or or sit on block(s) for knee issues. Caution for yogis with shoulder, neck or spinal issues.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Gate Pose, Yoga Parighasana Pose".