Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Half Moon Pose
- Inhale, standing in Tadasana.
- Exhale, bending forward and place right hand on floor or block forward and slightly to the outside of right foot.
- Inhale, lifting leg leg off floor and holding parallel to floor.
- Exhale, lifting left arm towards sky, keeping eyes focused down for better balance.
- Inhale, gaining balance and rolling leg shoulder and hip back, finding torso perpendicular to floor.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Yoga Modifications: If balance is a challenge, practice pose with back against wall.
- Yoga Modifications: If flexibility is a challenge, place block under .
- Yoga Modifications: If balance is strong, look towards side wall, or upwards, or close eyes.
- Yoga Modifications: To increase challenge, bend upward knee and hold foot.
- Yoga Modifications: To increase challenge, bend upward knee and hold foot and hold lower hand off floor.
Congratulations on learning Yoga Half Moon Pose / Ardha Chandrasana.