Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Little Thunderbolt Pose
Yoga Laghu Vajrasana Pose
*Notice: Yoga Little Thunderbolt Pose / Yoga Laghu Vajrasana Pose is a very challenging pose to be attempted by only advanced yogis and extreme caution should be used. It should only be attempted with the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher.*
- Inhale, begin in supta virasana pose.
- Exhale, reaching arms over head, bending elbows and placing hands flat on floor with fingers pointing towards feet.
- Inhale, lifting hips off floor finding back bend.
- Exhale, pressing down with palms lifting shoulders off floor and drawing in navel to firm core to protect lower back..
- Inhale, walking hands toward feet until one forearm can comfortably come to rest on floor.
- Exhale, pause noticing back bend intesity, and if comfortable, place other forearm on floor.
- Inhale, bringing hands to feet, continuing to firm core for back protection.
- Exhale, bringing top of head to rest on floor, but not placing weight on head.
- To realease, slowly bring one hand to floor, then the other and walk hands to position to support shoulders, and lower to floor.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Modification, Variations and Contraindications for Yoga Little Thunderbolt Pose / Yoga Laghu Vajrasana Pose: This pose is very challenging and should only be attempted with the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher. Due to the challenge of the back bend, extreme caution should be used, and never attempted by yogis with back, spinal, neck, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist or ankle issues.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Little Thuunderbolt Pose, Yoga Laghu Vajrasana Pose".