Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Lizard Pose
Yoga Utthan Pristhasana Pose
- Inhale, begin in Warrior 2 Pose with right leg forward.
- Exhale, taking both hands to floor.
- Inhale, heel toe right foot to right side of mat, so both hands are to left of foot.
- Exhale, pressing back with right heel to straighten leg.
- Inhale, stay here if hip stretch is strong, or for stronger stretch, take forearms to floor.
Benefits of Lizard Pose: Deeply stretches hips.
Modifications for Lizard Pose: A block(s) can be placed under forearms, if too difficult to keep back leg straight, lightly place knee on floor.
Precautions for Lizard Pose: This is a very strong hip stretch, so yogis with hip issues or replacements should use caution. Sacroiliac joint issues can be aggravated by stretching intensely in this pose.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Lizard Pose, Yoga Utthan Pristhasana Pose".