Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Dedicated to the Sage Marichi I Pose
Yoga Marichyasana I Pose
- Inhale, begin seated with legs extended forward.
- Exhale, bend right leg bringing heel close to right hip with foot grounded.
- Inhale, reaching right arm upward.
- Exhale, folding forward, taking right arm bent at the elbow reaching around back to meet left arm and interlocking fingers.
- Inhale, relaxing pose slightly.
- Exhale, folding deeper into pose taking chin to right knee and pressing out with right heel.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on other side.
- Modifications, Variations and Contraindications for Dedicated to the Sage Marichi I Pose / Yoga Marichyasana I Pose: Shoulder flexibility is challenged and a strap my be used to bridge gap between hands if finger do not reach. Caution should be used for yogis with shoulder, wrist, and elbow issues.
Congratulations on learning "Dedicated to the Sage Marichi I Pose, Yoga Marichyasana I Pose".