Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Dedicated to the Sage Marichi II Pose
Yoga Marichyasana II Pose
- Inhale, begin seated with legs extended forward.
- Exhale, bend right leg bringing top of foot on to top of left thigh.
- Inhale, reaching right arm upward.
- Exhale, folding forward, taking right arm bent at the elbow reaching around back to meet left arm and interlocking fingers.
- Inhale, relaxing pose slightly.
- Exhale, folding deeper into pose taking forehead to floor.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on other side.
- Modifications, Variations and Contraindications for Dedicated to the Sage Marichi II Pose / Yoga Marichyasana II Pose: Shoulder and hip flexibility is challenged and a strap my be used to bridge gap between hands if finger do not reach. Caution should be used for yogis with shoulder, wrist, elbow, hip, knee and ankle issues.
Congratulations on completing "Dedicated to the Sage Marichi II Pose, Yoga Marichyasana II Pose".