Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Eka Pada kapotasana
One-Legged Pigeon Pose
- Inhale, begin in downward facing dog pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana).
- Exhale, bringing right lower leg to floor with knee resting near right wrist, and lowering left leg to floor.
- Inhale, adjusting right leg, bringing lower leg closer to parrallel to front of mat until stretch is found in right hip.
- Exhale, bring awareness to alignment, left leg should have front edge resting on mat bringing hips to even distance from floor.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Modifications and adjustments for Eka Pada kapotasana / One-Legged Pigeon Pose: For stronger stretch, elbows may be brought to floor, or arms may be extended forward with palms and forehead resting on floor. Avoid placing pressure on forehead.
Congratulations on completing "Eka Pada Rajakapotasana, One-Legged King Pigeon Pose".