Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Halasana Pose
Yoga Plow Pose
*Caution* This pose will have the neck deeply bent with chin to chest, so it is not recommended for yogis with neck issues. Also, one should NEVER turn their their head with the neck in a deep bend.
- Inhale, begin lying on back, legs together, arms extended, palms flat.
- Exhale, bending knees and lifting hips off floor pressing down with arms for support.
- Inhale, placing one hand on lower back keeping elbow grounded, then the other.
- Exhale, extending legs over head and touching toes to floor.
- Inhale, finding balance and lowering forearms to floor interlacing fingers, palms together.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Slowly come out of pose in reverse steps.
Modifications and Precautions for "Halasana Pose - Yoga Plow Pose": Knees can remain bent if back body flexibility is at limit, hands can remain flat for shoulder ease, toes can rest on block. Not recommended for yogis with neck, spinal, shoulder, or inversion issues.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Halasana Pose, Yoga Plow Pose".