Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Reverse Warrior Pose
- Inhale, begin in Warrior II pose.
- Exhale, turning forward palm upward bringing awarness to forward knee over ankle and place back hand onto firm back leg.
- Inhale, slowly lifting forward arm, following hand with gaze, extending upward and back into a back bend.
- Exhale, relaxing into pose for deeper stretch.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Precautions for Viparita Virabhadrasana Pose: Yogis with back or shoulder issues should use caution, or limit range.
Congratulations on learning Yoga Reverse Warrior Pose / Viparita Virabhadrasana.