Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Revolved Half Moon Pose
Yoga Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana Pose
- Inhale, begin in Tadasana.
- Exhale, folding forward grounding left hand to floor or block, and firming right leg in straight position.
- Inhale, finding balance and lifting left leg to parallel to floor toes pointing down.
- Exhale, extending right arm toward ceiling, following hand with gaze.
- Inhale, extending spine and lengthening from left heel through crown of head.
- Exhale, and further twist to ease upward gaze.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Modifications and Precautions for "Revolved Half Moon Pose - Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana": A block can ease reach to floor, a wall can ease balance, and caution should be used for yogis with neck, back, hip, knee, ankle, or shoulder issues.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Revolved Half Moon Pose, Yoga Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana Pose".