Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Side Angle Pose
Yoga Parsvakonasana Pose
- Inhale, begin in Warrior 2 Pose right leg forward.
- Exhale, bring right elbow towards right knee, resting forearm on top of knee.
- Inhale, reach left arm to ceiling, following left hand with gaze.
- Exhale, pulling left shoulder back rotating torso open to left.
- Hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on other side.
Modifications for Yoga Parsvakonasana Pose: Upper arm can also come over head extending in line with upper side body/hip/leg with palm facing down. Or lower hand can also reach to floor, with or without block, and inside or outside of forward leg.
Precautions for Yoga Parsvakonasana Pose:Care should be taken for yogis with hip, back, neck and shoulder issues.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Side Angle Pose, Yoga Parsvakonasana Pose".