Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Sunbird Pose
Yoga Parsva Balasana Pose
- Inhale, beginning on hands and knees.
- Exhale, sliding right leg back to straight, toes on floor.
- Inhale, lifting left arm and extending forward with thumb pointing up.
- Exhale, finding balance, lift right toes off floor, and engaging core.
- Hold Pose 3 - 7 breathes or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on other side.
Modifications for Yoga Sunbird Pose: If balance is challenge, keep eyes focused on one spot on floor (drishti).
Precautions for Yoga Sunbird Pose: Care should be taken for yogis with shoulder, wrist, and hip issues.
Congratulations on learning "Yoga Sunbird Pose, Yoga Parsva Balasana".