Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Tree Pose
- Inhale, begin in Tadasana, extended spine, shoulders rolled back, pelvis nuetral.
- Exhale, find drishti to focus eyes on to aide in balance. Drishti can be floor, wall or other non moving object.
- Inhale, bringing palms together in Anjali Mudra (palms together in front of heart), or raise them overhead keeping plams together.
- Exhale, lifting right leg and firmily placing sole of right foot against left calf or thigh of left leg. Avoid placing against knee joint.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Modifications for Tree Pose / Vrksasana: If balance is challenged, stand next to wall, and use wall as needed until balance is improved.
Congratulations on learning Yoga Tree Pose / Vrksasana.