Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose, and seek clearance from your physician if you are uncertain. Always respect your body and know your limits.
Yoga Warrior 1 Pose
- Inhale, beginning in Tadasana pose.
- Exhale, stretch arms up, palms are touching.
- Inhale, spread the legs sideways, creating a gap of at least one leg length.
- Exhale, turn to front of mat right leg forward, left foot 45-90 degrees to side, forward knee over or behind ankle, with thigh parallel to floor.
- Inhale, firming back leg, raising arms, following ands with gaze.
- Exhale, relaxing shoulders allowing shoulder blades to support arms, with no shrugging.
- Hold pose 3 to 7 breaths or as long as comfortable.
- Repeat on the opposite side.